OFFERING: OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE & CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
A large multinational retailer wanted to improve their delivery and payment process by adopting a new Point of sale (POS) system for all its entities. By doing so, they were able to ameliorate the overall customer and employee experience. The solution allowed them to increase productivity through a faster customer check-out and a full integration with their omnichannel journey.
In order to implement the new POS-system in a robust way, covering every edge case, and touchpoint of the customer payment journey; our approach was divided into 4 phases:
- Discovery phase: Through the analysis of the existing payment process and its stakeholders, our team got a clear understanding of the project scope. This allowed us to draft a first project approach & roadmap.
- Plan phase: Next, the impact of the future payment process was evaluated for all entities and stakeholders. In addition, setting up a test environment resulted in defining tangible solution requirements. Lastly, all this information was used to set up a change approach.
- Development phase: Starting from a clear solution description and product specifications, the team can incrementally test the delivered solution. This phase is successfully finalized with a clear plan for roll-out and go-live actions which included training programs for employees.
- Roll-out phase: A staged roll-out by making use of pilots, and an iterative evaluation and improvement approach while addressing the needs for change management, ensured the successful delivery of the project.
- A productivity gain and lower labor cost. With all shops live, over €5 Mio per year is saved.
- A better customer experience by introducing self check-out zones.
- Increased flexibility for multiple touchpoints by introducing mobile POS.
We were able to save over €100.000/shop per year. With all the shops rolled-out, this means ± €5 Mio per year saved.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN BUILDING A SEAMLESS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE